Tips and explanations:
- Write down a few sentences to introduce yourself to strangers.
- Write down a few sentences about your favorite hobby, or sport.
- Compose short sentences.
- Practice reading your sentences aloud.
- if something sounds awkward, try to rephrase your sentence.
- If you get stuck, remember: TIMTOWTSI There Is More Than One Way To Say It
Write down your introduction. Of course, you should not read your introduction at Stammtisch, when you should be focused on enjoying a beverage, listening to others, and making pleasant eye contact.
Lastly, keep in mind the German proverb: Übung macht den Meister. Practice makes perfect.